a blog by emily alix

a blog by emily alix

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Raleigh, NC Flea Market

Hi everyone! I know I haven't blogged in awhile, but I have been suuuper busy with planning my wedding and have been a serious budget (eek!). But....I DID go to the flea market today in Raleigh and it was really neat. I walked away only spending 25 cents on a cute, turquoise Anchor Hocking bowl....haha. Here are some pics...  


And this is what we are all about in North Carolina. Having a good time...and hot dog eating contests!
Antiques and "junk" as far as the eye can see....ohh yes, and there's also my dad in the yellow shirt!
I love retro furniture. Especially the cute yellow patio set. Nice.

Can I just say that I love EVERYTHING about this booth, "From the Heart Antiques." The next four photos are also from this booth...

I fell in love with these!!!! I love almost anything vintage and red...

....really wanted to buy this pitcher...!

The cutest sour cream glasses...I want them all! :)

Nothing says "cute vintage" like pink and turquoise Pyrex. Adorable.

And finally, the Pyrex jackpot. This is only 1/4 of what was in THIS booth....(wait...am I drooling....???) That's embarrassing...

Vintage shell cameos!!!! I love them...I've collected them since I was a little girl. This is an exceptional collection....and only one of four cases stocked full of them...

So...ok....these are obviously not vintage. But, wow. Soo pretty. And I am all about buying handmade and supporting local artists.

Seriously. Wow.

So that pretty much sums up my day. Awesome. Can I just say that I saw so much patriotism out there today, too. I saw soo many beautiful American flags flying. I feel so fortunate to live in America. I hope everyone has a fabulous holiday!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! i love the furniture...adorableness!!! :)

    -CORY FANCLUB (Lauren) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a fabulous day!! I collect those little juice glasses. I didn't know sour cream came in them. That's what I love about the blogs, i'm always learning something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That booth is to die for! Well, not really- but you know! I've never seen such a booth in person. There *is* something to be said about the city! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I would LOVE to hear from you! :)