a blog by emily alix

a blog by emily alix

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

newest vintage finds!

I love how vintage items can be found in bright, beautiful colors. They are especially nice for Spring. My mom found this lovely kitchen towel and these vintage Fiesta shakers. I found the Fiesta plates for a really good buy at a local flea market. I love how they all look together.
I took a trip to California last week to see my boyfriend and he let me introduce him to vintage shopping. :) I had a blast. I bought this unique potholder for $4 and the vintage Fiesta bowl for $9. My mom was nice enough to pick up this cool ice cream scoop for me!
I bought this Pyrex bowl at a veteran's thrift store in California for $3.95. I wanted to make sure that I returned home with something neat! I do not particularly love this pattern, but I do love the color!
My boyfriend bought this vintage restaurant mug for me and my mom found this cute creamer in an antique store for $1. They look nice together I think.
This is something else that my boyfriend bought for me. We found it at El Corral Pottery in Carlsbad. We were driving by and I saw all of the beautiful Fiesta lining the glass windows. I really, really love that store and the owner was so nice.
I hope everyone is having a great week! Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Love the Fiesta (of course), but I also think the restaurant mug is cool. I have a thing for restaurant china and you just don't see it much anywhere. Great vintage buys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Fiesta-of course!! Looks like you had some fun and got some great treasures too!!! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! You never know what treasure your going to come home with! Love that kitchen towel!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I would LOVE to hear from you! :)